Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 58 of JM's US Detachment Trip

Today is my FIL's Birthday.

And, my present to him is this lovely Chilled Mango Cheesecake.

Isn't it pretty :p *arbish* hehe.

I've decorated the sides of the cake with ladies finger sponge which can be easily bought from the supermarket. Topped it with some fruits - I've got cherries, champange grapes and blueberries. Added a Birthday tag and a cute candle which I found at B-I-Y.

Sound very simple right. BUT ... I'd spend almost the whole day preparing this cake. From making the sponge layer to preparing the mango-cheese mixture. Then allowing it to set before I can do the top layer. Setting it further before unmoulding it for decorations. All the time and effort put it for this pretty cake ... I enjoyed every moment of it. Especially when everyone enjoyed eatting it.

For more insights of the cake ... check this album out - Outings.

No comments: