Friday, July 03, 2009

Day 31 of JM's US Detachment Trip

As I am tying this entry ... my dear hubby is probably enjoying himself at Las Vegas and en route to Grand Canyon. There's only 1 word I can use now ... ENVY.

My day started as usual having to send Oswald to school but this morning little Owein had tagged along with us. Why is he with us? All because mummy had a breakfast meeting with Aunty Peggy. First time in our acquaintance history we had not met during school holiday. I guess it is all because we are that busy with our lives ... hahaha. So ya ... back to the point ... finally had the chance to meet up, catch up and GOSSIPS!!!

At school, Mrs Yong (Oswald's teacher) had requested to have a word with me. Initially I thought it was something about Oswald she wanted to tell me but I was wrong. I was asked if I could write something for the school termly newsletter. I kept pretty quite and took some time to digest the request. Feeling my doubt, Mrs Yong then continue to elaborate on the content of what I could write on. After some assurance from her that nothing much is required, probably some thoughts about the school or my family, I told her I could give it a go provided I'd got enough time. 2 weeks ... that's all the time I was given to come up with something ... hmm.

Once home, routine sets in again. Wash up, lunch and nap time for the kids. One new thing to look out for today is Oswald's music class. Today will be his 1st official music lesson. We had enrolled him for Yamaha Music Program - Yamaha Junior Course (YJC). Music lesson starts at 7:15pm and that also mean that Oswald gets to dine outside with mummy every Friday. We headed out slight earlier so that we could completed some necessary paper work at the music school and head out for a light snack before class. We went for a snack instead because we will be meeting Rene and family for dinner after class.

** Oswald all set for music class. **

** Decided not to drive ... brought Oswald for a bus ride ... waiting for our bus to come. **

** Oswald's bag for music class ... isn't it cute :) **

** Oswald snacking his nuggets before class @ MacDonalds. **

** Me trying out MacDonalds' new product ... Cinnamon Melts. **

** Oswald testing out the keyboard. **

Class started very punctual and luckily we were early and hence managed to get a good seat. Oswald behaved much better than I expected. At least now he can remain in the group, instead of moving around the class, when teacher asked the kids to gather in front with her. He too had joined in with the music and movements while teacher was teaching. The only thing is even though he could remain in the group, he cannot keep still like the other kids. But to me, it was good enough. Hope he will learn to keep still as he grows and understand the need to behave properly. I am pretty sure the music course will do him good because I'd noticed that quite a lot of listening and discipline is required during lesson to learn.

** Oswald trying out cotton candy for the 1st time ... compliments from New York New York @ Lot 1. **

** Cayden thinking to eat or not ... **

** Cayden finally decided to give it a try. **

No comments: