Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 38 of JM's US Detachment Trip

My baking classes finally coming to an end. Today's lesson is the last of the 4 session of the Foundation Cake Baking class at Creative Culinaire. Actually I was quite reluctant to accept the fact that it will be the last lesson today. I'd really enjoyed the 5 hours of baking time during each session. Oh well ... it's the end of it ... just got to accept it :)

This last session, Perle and myself were determined to make it good and no more errors!!! Hahaha ... had quite a disastrous time last week. This week, we will be taught sponge cakes. I think sponge cake is the everything to a cake. Without a nice sponge, no matter how nice your moose layer or decoration will be, the cake is CRAP!!! In my baking trials, I do realised the sponge layer is basically the soul of the cake. And till date, I've yet to find a recipe or pre-mix that's good for keep. After attending this session, I can say bye-bye to sponge cake mix and stop searching around for recipes already.

Luckily everything turned out perfectly well during lesson today. We worked efficiently not only among ourselves but also with another pair of students. We were to work in pairs and in group to accomplish the cakes for today.

** Classic Black Forest Cake **

** Sweet Corn Fudge Cake with some cute decorations n our names **

** Pandan Kaya Cake **

** Presenting the chef, Chef Judy **

No comments: