Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 51 of JM's US Detachment Trip

Don't know which side of the bed I got off at today lah ... did quite a fair bit of unusual stuffs today.

First, I'd decided to packed some breakfast for Oswald to eat during 'Breakfast Time' in school. This was what he got ...

** Raisin Bread from Four Leaves and Apples **

** Cute apple shaped APPLES!!! **

That's now all loh ... then I also don't know why I ki siao decided to make something cute for Oswald for lunch. So this was what I'd made ...

** Cooked fried rice is wrapped up with an egg wrap. **

** Added sausages, raisins and carrot cut into flower shaped. **

Hmm, really don't know what gotten in to me today man. Hahaha ... then out of the blue ... I'd decided to be a bit adventurous and make Blueberry Chiffon Cake. Erm ... that did not really turned out as well as I thought it would be. Probably still need little more adjustments to get it right but it was a good attempt. I give it 80/100.




The outside of the cake looks perfect just that the inside is still a little wet. Not sure if it is the wet content too much or baking time or temperature not enough. Anyway, will experiment with it again bah :)

2 comments:

Perle said...

hmm, the chiffon cake looks pretty! The inside looks soft.. Wah oswald lunch looks so delicious! Im sure ur efforts helped to whet his appetite even more. I also want shaped vegetables =) haha..

Irene said...

It is really soft ... trust me!!! Hahaha. But it is too 'wet' to my liking so after photo taking the whole cake went into the bin.

Then after a night's of brainstoming, I've concluded that it might be because too much liquid (all liquid from the blueberry + the water required in the recipe). So ... I've made another one this morning minus the water required and I sieve the blended blueberries (reserved the liquid to replace the water required) and added blueberry jam for the extra flavour.

Result = a much better texture but still slightly wet. Not sure if that's because too much blueberry still or it is suppose to be slight wet due to the fruit. Can't remember how the banana one taste like liao.

Anyway, I will try out the banana one to compare before I fine tune the blueberry one again :) Then of cos ... I will pass you all my knowledge on that so that you can make it for your blueberry monster :p