Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 54 of JM's US Detachment Trip (Part 2)

*Yawnz* managed to catch about 2 hours of rest after I vented off some 'steam' earlier. But still because of the bad throat I had lost my voice completely when I woke up. I'd made up my mind to head to the doctor once I'd settled the kids lunch.

What a way to start a Monday morning but luckily did not dampen my mood enough to prevent me for making these for Oswald to bring to school.

** Ain't they cute :) **

When I showed Oswald and ask if he wanted to eat these in school or eat school breakfast, he went 'whining' away saying "I don't want that. I don't want to eat mouse." I tried to laugh but the pain in my throat prevent that. I've got to tell him these are not real mouse then he was convinced. P/S:- He ate them all up when I checked with him during dismissal. And that was after having one of the rolls I'd made with the sponge that I was practicing with the night before.

** Sponge sandwiched and rolled up with Whipped Cream + Strawberry / Blueberry Jam **

I'd practiced on my sponge last night in view for making a b'day cake for my FIL whose b'day is this friday. The sponge turned out nice and soft. Not wanting to waste them, I whipped some cream and spread on the sponge with some jam and made these 'make shift' cakes :p

No comments: