Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 41 of JM's US Detachment Trip

So proud of Oswald today. He's due for his dental check and upon checking ... dentist said he got cavity and best is to get it 'mended'. I kinda expected this day to come but did not expect it to be that soon. I'd hesitated but ended up still told the dentist to go ahead to do the filling. And, I had also prayed very hard for Oswald's co-operation. To my surprise, the filling was done with not much resistance from Oswald. All he did was constantly getting his tongue in the way or close his mouth too early and he wanting to hold the equipments. Other than that, there's no screaming ... struggling or crying. I was ... SURPRISED ... SHOCKED ... STUNNED ... HAPPY and damn PROUD of him.

Because of his so good behaviour, I'd decided to let him get the Transformer toy that comes along with the KFC kids meal. A fellow school mate had that toy and had let that to him while he was waiting for me to pick him yesterday. He'd remembered to said his "Thank you" and returned it gracefully when I arrived. Today, when I reached, he's asked his friend to lend it to him for awhile just to let me take a look. Though at that moment, I told him I will go check it out but I wasn't that keen to get it for him. I do not want him to have the idea that whatever his friends have in school, he would be able to have it too. But, because of his brave attempt at the dentist, made it quite difficult to say no to him and hence, he'd gotten the toy in the end.

Before we (Rene had brought Cayden along to let Cayden have a feel of what it will be like to go to a dentist) head to KFC for dinner, we managed to catch the 5:00pm show time for Ice Age 3. This is the 1st movie that Oswald went to.

** Oswald's attention fixed to the big screen **

No comments: