Thursday, May 02, 2013

Japanese Cheese Cake - Part 1

Hmm ... let me see ... I think it was about a year back since I last made this cake. It was quite an unsightly cake from what I'd recalled. The surface cracked like crazy but the taste of it was heaven. After that experience, I'd decided to chuck this 'cake' aside and put my attention on other to-bake items.

A post by a friend on FB with the perfect looking Japanese Cheese Cake got me thinking about it again. It made me had the urge to give it a try once more and I did. Hubby brought my mother's car to the workshop for servicing on Labor Day, 1st May, hence I took the chance to bake since I am stuck at home with the boys.

Following instructions given by my friend, the 2 hours wait was a torture!!! At the end of the 2 hours ... I almost fainted!!! SOBZ ... my cake look more like a 发糕 when I open my oven door.


I was so disappointed as I'd followed exactly what I was told to do. But luckily, the cake stunk a little the 'smile' was not that obvious. BUT STILL!!! I did not achieve that perfect Japanese Cheese Cake look. The only consolation is that the cake taste real good. Somehow I think it tasted better that the last time I'd made it. Using the same recipe but somehow it tasted different. Maybe is the way I'd incorporated the ingredients. The texture of the cake is so fine and so light. A neighbor which I'd shared my bake with commented that it feels like eating cotton candy. Indeed it was.


Hubby like it and had asked for 1 to bring work. For once, I had to think hard before giving him an answer. Although the cake tasted good, but appearance not nice =( After sleeping on the idea for a night, I'd decided to go for it. Excuse = I need to bake to get the right temperature settings ... I am almost there already ... maybe I can get it right this time!!!

So ... off I went to the supermarket to get the cream cheese required in the morning. Guess what ... NTUC having promotion for the cream cheese. Get 2 blocks of 250g at a good price!!! Its a SIGN that I should bake!!! wahahaha

Managed to start my cheese cake baking right after lunch and off it went into the oven. It is going to be another 2 hours wait ... tick tock, tick tock ... RING!!! Guess what I saw when I took the cake out ...


Erm ... SIGH!!! Still disappointed that there is still crack BUT definitely much better than yesterday. At least it did not have the 发糕 effect.


Left = Day 1, Right = Day 2. Can see the cracks not so 'deep'. Almost there ... getting closer already!!! Just got to plan see when I will use up the other block of cheese *evil grins*.

No comments: