Saturday, May 11, 2013

Japanese Cheese Cake - Part 3

Hmm ... Hubby had gone off to Sepang early in the morning. I am stuck at home with 3 boys ... I am going to go on a baking marathon today!!!

1st thing on the list ... Japanese Cheese Cake!!!

Wahahaha ... I am so determine to get this right. And this time ... got slight improvement from my last try.


The cracks due to baking had definitely improved and had given the cake the nice brown top. This time, I beat the egg whites at really low speed and whisk it a little more using hand powder towards the end. Also, after the cake is 'cooked', I turned on the grill to brown the cake instead of extending the baking time or increasing temperature.

The only thing that did not pass is the looks of the cake after it cooled down.


My cake got wrinkles!!! Don't know how come like that and hubby suggest maybe is due to temperature shock. You see, by right, I am suppose to sit the cake in the oven with door agar for about 30 minutes before taking out. I took the cake out immediately after baking and left it on the rack to cool. Hence maybe like what hubby said, is due to the quick change in temperature and hence the looks. Probably will look into this area and experiment more. For now, I am pretty satisfied with the current result.


After MacDonald lunch with the boys, it is time to put Odin to bed. I too took a nap while Odin is resting. So much for my experiment on Japanese Cheese Cake this week. But I still got another block of cheese in the fridge ... maybe shall work on it again next weekend =).

I was pretty recharged after my nap and guess what ... off I went to bake another cake hahahaha

This time I'd make a chiffon cake. Coffee Chiffon Cake. Chiffon cake is one of the easiest and fastest cake to make. Within 30 minutes, the cake is sent to be baked.


LOL ... my poor oven worked so hard today all because hubby had gone to have fun at Sepang and I am stuck at home with the boys. Not wanting to sit around and play with the boys all day, so got to find something to do. Luckily I got neighbors to share my bakes ... else at the rate that I am baking, it will take me even a longer time to fit into my pre pregnant clothes.

No comments: