Friday, May 03, 2013

Bento #22 - Buzzing Bees

Need to look for a design that is simple to prepare and easy to assemble for today's bento. Scanned through my phone for the pictures that I'd saved up and decided to to the BEE!!!

A bee buzzing around on a heart shaped sandwich ... easy enough and a lot can be prepared the night before.


I'd cut out the bread and arranged the it in the bento boxes filled up the spaces with silicon cups and leaves last night. So what is left to be done in the morning is to add on the spread and fill up the cups with other snacks for the boys.

As for the bees, I'd made one out of cheese and the other using bread ends. The cheese bee was assembled last night aka with all the nori cut outs. To prevent the cheese from drying out, I wrap it up with a clear plastic bad and place it in a container. Hence all I had to do before sending Owein to school is to take the 'whole' bee out and place it on the bread. Add a pick beside it and VIOLA~~

The bee that is made of bread end, is for Oswald. His bento had to be out for longer hours hence I would prefer not to use cheese. Added on details for his bee only in the morning. I found out the best way to make nori stick to bread is to place nori on the bread, 'grease' your fingers with margarine or butter, wipe it over the nori till margarine or butter is absorbed. After what, the nori will stick nicely and no need to worry about it curling up when moisture is exposed to it. Added his favorite kueh baulu and Australian mandarin oranges (it is FRUITY FRIDAY) to complete his box.

No comments: