Friday, February 24, 2012

Bento #16 - Garden Creatures

21 February 2012

Did not expect myself to start on this week's theme that soon but I simply cannot resist trying this out. Moreover, my PIL had came back to my place with a loaf of burger buns ... simply can't find any excuse not to start on this.

Made this Giant Ladybug for the boys' lunch today.


Copied this idea from a new book that I bought recently. Book titled: Fun Food for Kids by Page One Publishing. I'd altered some ingredients used to suit the taste of my boys. Dressed it up a little and VIOLA. I am very please with the result. BTW, noticed my new bees and ladybug picks?? Ain't they pretty :)


22 February 2012

Had been wanting to do a caterpillar bento for a long time but just could not find the chance to. Finally my chance arrived but I kinda ruined it.

Presenting my UGLY Green Caterpillar ...


Borrowed a book from the library titled "The Green Caterpillar" and Owein loves the story. So though of making him a green caterpillar and it ended looking disastrous. Used my newly bought Wilton Mist Spray to give the Chocolate Steam Buns a coat of green but it did not turned out the way I wanted. No time to redo the buns for Owein hence sent him to school with his ugly caterpillar.

So when I was preparing Oswald's box, I decided to put my mist spray aside and my caterpillar turned BROWN because it is Chocolate flavored buns.


Hahaha hilarious right ... maybe I should just used Pandan flavored buns in the future.


23 February 2012

Playing with Pancakes!!!

Saw a clip on YouTube teaching how to make interesting food for kids using pancakes. It is very easy but just need a little longer time compared to making the usual pancakes as there are 2 'step' to it. 1st you draw the outline of the shape you want then let it cook a little before filling up the spaces.

This morning, honey bees and flowers greeted my boys at breakfast.


Pretty isn't it. Plan to do this again ... it is so fun making the pancakes.


24 February 2012

Another bad bento day within the same week. Sigh ... maybe I should slow down a bit on bento-ing to charge up my mind. Used up too much to brainstorm for ideas hahaha

Attempted to make snails for the boys but FAIL FAIL FAIL. Not only it does not look like the ones I saw on the internet, Owein's snail look like monsters and Oswald's had very funny expressions.

Take a look for yourself ...



An a little disappointed with how the bentos had turned out :( Sigh ...

Oh well, its over and no matter how it turned out, the boys enjoyed it. Going to head to Port Dickson tomorrow for a weekend break. Hope I will be able to relax a little and get some mojo back. That's all for now :]

No comments: