Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 28 of JM's US Detachment Trip

It is Tuesday again ... Oswald will be having him swimming class and as usually I'll be praying hard for good weather so that the kids will not feel that cold in the water. But, today also marks the start of my own swimming lessons ... hahaha ... yes ... this mummy learning to swim only like NOW!!! Not to worry ... if you think I'm late ... my MIL is even later ... hahaha. For the 2 non swimmers in the family, today's our 1st lesson.

As usual, Oswald was looking forward to head to the pool I did not have trouble getting him downstairs. He was also happy when he saw Billy walking towards us but things were not the same when lesson start. 1st, Oswald wasn't that willing to get into the water but still managed to. He wasn't that willing to do what he was instructed to do but still did it. After awhile, I'd concluded that it was probably because the water was a wee bit colder today and hence his unwillingness. Got to find means to keep him warm in water. He was shivering by the time lesson end and was asking for towels to wrap round him ... poor boy. Oswald is still scare of water touching his face and hence is still swimming 'upright'. I hope he will conquer that fear soon.

So much about Oswald and his swimming. How about mummy? Hmm ... here goes ... by the time its my turn, it was already coming to 6:00pm. The water felt so COLD when I sat by the pool. OMG ... what the f*** ... no wander Oswald was that unwilling to go in. It took me awhile to get into the pool and to get used to the temperature. Damn ... where's the sun!!! Lesson turned out to be pretty ok. The only thing is that I too, like Oswald, got the conqure the fear of dunking my head underwater. Somehow, I just can't past pulling myself down pass my ears. The moment I reaches the level, I somehow start to panic and will push myself up already. Hmm ... really got to work on this one. Mum ... exactly opposite me. She's is fine putting her head down but nervous when she got to swim around even with the aid of the kick board.

Oh ya ... we've got visitors during lesson today. Owein and Dad came to join us while Oswald's still having lesson. That little one is a brave boy. He was only a little frighten when he entered the water but once he'd adjusted, he's a happy baby in the pool. With his back float and a kick board, he's enjoying it.

** Owein was a little frighten to get into the water initially **

** Once he gotten used to the idea ... he's enjoying it **

** Happy baby **

No comments: