Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 19 of JM's US Detachment Trip

Attended my ever 1st baking class yesterday. Baking class was help at Creative Culinaire and was jio-ed by a friend (Perle). If not, I really don't know when my 1st lesson will ever begin. Lessons at Creatuve Culinary is so popular that we had to book way in advance for this lesson we are attending. But after attending the 1st lesson, I fully understand why it is that popular and so expensive.

1st part of the lesson, which lasted about 2 hours, was all talk and demo by the chef. She will go through the steps and note what are the things to look out for etc. All me and my partner did was to listen and keep taking down notes. Kinda got a feeling like we are back in school ... hahaha. After all those talking, a short 15 minutes break was given before we got to head back and this is where the real action begins ...

I say, Perle and myself worked quite well together. Considering this is the 1st time we worked together on the same thing. Here's the result of our efforts ...

** Sunflower Cupcakes **

** Marbled Butter Cake **

** Walnut Cake **

No comments: