Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gone Sailing - Day 4

JM is coming home today. Though I don't know what time he will arrive but I am glad that he is back. Had been a rough and tense week for me. Having gotten too used to driving around and suddenly no car, everything gone haywired due to transport issue.

Luckily today Owein is going on an excursion. Long day for him. I do not need to go pick him till 2:45pm hence I got a bit of time to relax and only need to concentrate on Oswald's activity. Being a Thursday today, got to bring Oswald to school earlier for his remedial and send lunch down for him.

Went to pick Owein up after Odin woke from his nap. It was a hot afternoon. I was melting in the heat on my way to school. I thought I could take some rest after we got home before we get busy again to bring the boys for their music class. But I guess I was wrong. I received a call from Oswald's teacher just moments after I got home with Owein. I was told that Oswald fell and was in great pain. I rush out immediately with my FIL to check out the situation.

As I walked to school, I'd prayed hard that it would not be a fracture. Hoping that if was just a deep scratch etc. We meet his teacher at the office and were brought to the sick bay to get Oswald. Poor boy was crying so hard while holding his hand. I went to calm him and took a look at his hand and knew immediately what I hope not to happen had happened.

We brought Oswald home after calming him down, got him changed and we headed down to KKH to get his arm checked. This time Odin get to tag along cos he got to follow his milk source. Just as we were leaving, got a message from JM that he is nearing Singapore. Thank god for his timely arrival. As least another person to depend on or to seek advise.

Zhenyang and Perle had dropped by to provide support. They arrived shortly after we reached. While waiting for X-ray result and a doctor to see us, Zhenyang had explained the possible outcomes to Oswald. Glad that he was around to help explain situation which I believe had help to calm Oswald down a little.

Odin had also been a very cooperative baby. He fell asleep while we were in the cab and continue to nap awhile longer after we arrived. He woke up just when the doctor called for Oswald. Handed him over to my FIL and went into the doctor's room with Oswald. X-ray result had shown that his fracture had affect both the XXX and YYY. A cast would be required to facilitate healing.

Zhenyang and Perle gave us a ride back after everything is done. We reached home by around 6:30pm. Thank god for them. The queue at the taxi stand at KKH was terrible. Don't think we would make it home that soon if not for them. JM came home shortly after that. I am really relief that he is home finally. I am totally drained physically and mentally due to all these happenings in the past few days.

How can that many things all happen at then same time? From the accident on Sunday to the mishap that Oswald had ... All within the same week. Don't know what to say. All I wish now is for Oswald to recover quickly, get my car back soon and revert back to my peaceful lifestyle. Too much things for me to absorb this week. Need a break. Need to recharge!!!

No comments: