Sunday, July 22, 2012

Gone Sailing - Day 1

I had almost freaked out when the car ahead of us brakes and in order not to slam into the car ahead, JM swirl to the left. But still he did not manage to avoid contact with the car ahead and to make matter worse, we got hit at the back too. Every thing happened so fast and I got a baby in shock and is crying. All I could think of is to calm the baby down 1st.

We were travelling along PIE toward Changi heading to Changi Naval Base. JM had to sail out for exercise and we are dropping him off there because his car is at the spray paint shop.

The last I had such great impact in an accident happened probably 10 years back. Never thought I would experience it ever again though this time was much lesser compared to back then but impact was great enough. My heart was still pumping hard when JM pulled the car to the side. Other than me telling myself to calm Odin down, I cannot think of any thing else. KUDOs to JM who still can think logically to pull the car aside and get off to settle logistics. After Odin stop crying, the next time was to look for help because the car does not feel right when JM was driving it to the side. I worried that he cannot report to Changi in time.

Called Perle then as I remembered that she and ZY had plans to head to Thomson area. Pretty near to where the accident scene (Jln Eunos). Luckily they are in that area still and had came to our rescue. After they arrived, Odin and myself got into their car and ZY drop us all off at his friend's place which is just round the corner before heading out to help out JM. But JM managed to settle logistics and manage to get the workshop people to send him to Changi. I was a little disappointed that I did not manage to see him after matters are settled but I knew he was rushing for time hence just gave him a call to make sure that he was alright.

I do hope he is really ok. Muscles around my neck area started to ache a little. So I am pretty sure he is probably having some aches somewhere. Just hope it is nothing serious. As for Odin, poor little fellow, I am sure he was in shock back then. I am only worried he might be aching or in pain somewhere. Guess I will have to monitor him closely and go slow on him for at least a day or 2.

Traumatizing experience I say ... still can't get the scene off my mind. Just pray hard that everything will be settled smoothly and no hiccups.

No comments: