Friday, March 30, 2012

Bento #20 - Zoo Themed

"Let's go to the zoo ... see the monkeys go Woo Woo Woo ... Let's go to the zoo right now ..."

This is a song from one of the toys my boys have at home. A very catchy song with catchy lyrics. Kinda remembered this song as I began blogging on this week's bento.


26 Mar 2012

Oswald is heading out for his 1st excursion with the Primary School. And mummy had packed a little special bento for him to bring along for him to snack on during break time at the zoo.


Mummy was so into making bread these days, haven't been able to sit down to plan out designs for the boys' bento. Thank god for the Onigiri wrappers that I'd bought from Daiso on an impulse. Gladly took it out to place the bread (molded by using my rice molds) that I'd prepared for Oswald. Threw in some other snacks and a packet of drink for him. That Onigiri wrapper really brightens up the bento.


28 Mar 2012

Had decided not to be lazy anymore and did some homework for today's bento. Did a lion face for the boys' bento today with the set of bento tools in the picture. Never gotten the chance to fully utilize this set of tools ... finally the chance came.

Roar ... roar ... roar ... here comes the friendly lions :)


Did the lion using 2 different type of cheese and cut the shape out using a bento tool in the 1st picture. To save time, I use edible markers to add the dots near the lion's mouth. Both the boys have similar food except presented in a different way.


30 Mar 2012

Did something out of norm for today's bento. Usually I would do similar design for the boys to save time preparing and brainstorming but I beg to differ this time. Why??? Because I felt guilty for concentrating too much on my bread making adventures and had neglected the boys bentos ... so I'd decided to be a little more hardworking and work on different animals for the boys.


The Silent Monkey. A gentle reminder to Owein to keep quiet while teacher is teaching and listen quietly. Seriously I am not very sure how he had been behaving in class. But since there is no complain from teacher so far, I assume he is ok.


The Grazing Giraffe. Don't know how come I get a very calm and peaceful feeling with I see this bento. Maybe is the animal itself or probably is the overall layout.


Made a very simple bento dinner for the boys today too. We are heading out to a Chinese restaurant for dinner today. Chinese restaurant = not much food choices for Oswald. Oh yes my POTATO son, not a great fan of Chinese style food ... SIGH!!!


Simple 蛋包饭 with frozen food as sides. I must admit these frozen food are not exactly my best choice of food for my boys but they really do come in handy when I am short of time and help to prepare 'proper' food. I usually have these stash stored in my freezer for times like this.


No comments: