Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bento #10 - The Fox

Another inspiration I've gotten from the Internet. This time is from one of the bento mummies in a FB group that I am in. Here's the inspiring work:-


After giving it some thought and changing some ingredients, here's my version:-


I'd use bread ends to create the fox's face, ears, eyes and nose. Nori for its features. Wastage is great for this design unless you are making small foxes. To make a fox that can take up space in the bento box, you can only cut 1 star with a slice of bread. To make these for my boys, I've used up 4 slices of bread and 2 slices of bread ends. Due to its unique shape, there is quite a fair bit of wastage from each cut outs.

My advise, unless you have great use for those wasted edges, try to avoid this though it is quite cute. =)

No comments: