Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bento #3 - Fuzzy Wuzzy Caterpillar

We are into week 2!!!

Had some hotdog buns around and hence decided to let the boys have it instead of their regular bread.

This idea is picked up from one of the bento books I have.


I called it the Fuzzy Wuzzy Caterpillar. Caterpillar always reminds me of a song that my boys learn to sing at kindergarden. But after so many years, the full and proper lyrics of the song never reach me. Both boys could never remember how to sing the song properly. LOL.


How is it done:-
1) Slice off the ends of the hot dog buns to get a 'flat' surface at the ends.
2) Cut the buns into 4 pieces. 3 of the same size - for the body, 1 slightly bigger - for the head.
3) Half the body pieces but do not cut through the bread. Fill up with your preferred filling (I used only nutella).
4) Make 2 similar cuts in step 3 for the head piece. Fill up with your favorite spread or you can leave it plain.
5) I use bento picks for the feelers and cut outs of bread crust for the facial expressions.

No comments: