Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baking Frenzy

Can't wait to try out my new oven and I went on a baking frenzy.

The new oven is 1 week old only and I am already working it hard. I had been using the steam function to reheat food and to steam dishes. The steam function is really very good and it frees up my stove area for other purposes and hence cooking time is really maximized.

I also had been baking bread like crazy and fell in love with the proof function that is available. Now time spend on bread making is much more controlled and predictable.

Here's what I'd been baking today and for the past week.

7 April 2012


My new oven's virgin bake using Ellena Guan's Chocolate Chip Bread Loaf recipe

8 April 2012

My 2 days old oven is working today once again and is working very hard. It was being used to bake a Japanese Cheesecake and after that, use to proof dough for my bread and is use to produce these bakes ...

** Ham n Cheese Buns and Cheese Sausage Buns **


10 April 2012

It is bread making day today ... WHY?? So that my boys can have homemade bread in their bento to bring school. Decided to use my favorite Hokkaido Milk Bread recipe (taken from 陳郁芬65C 湯種麵包) to make bread because this recipe can yield quite a far bit of bread. I adjusted the flour portion to incorporate wheat flour into it :)

Hubby requested for 肉干 Buns and having done some research on bread shaping recently, I can't wait to try it out.

** Milk Bread Loaf, Nutella Wormy Buns and 肉干 Buns **

This is what I get from 1 portion of the recipe. Quite a fair bit of bread isn't it? Left the buns in the oven a little too long and hence they look a bit more 'tan'. Shape of the buns turned out quite ok too. The only thing is that the chocolate chip I use as the worm's eyes did not managed to stay on (see below for the 'before' look) and I think got to find another way to 'shape' the 肉干 Buns. Don't really like how they look.

** See these worms before they are sent to bake ... cute hor ... hahaha **


12 April 2012


Using the Hokkaido Milk Bread recipe, made 2 loaves of toast bread and use the remaining dough to make 肉干 Buns. This time shaping the buns differently and I like this look better. 肉干 Buns are very well received by Oswald and Owein. They each had 1 immediately after they got back from their music lesson. The remaining will be for breakfast tomorrow and for Oswald's bento box.


14 April 2012

** Black Sesame Bread Loaf and 肉干 Buns **

1st time trying out Black Sesame Bread ... bread texture and taste is nice but it is not really my kind of bread. So, don't think I will make it again unless someone request for it. The 肉干 Buns I made on Thursday was a HIT. The pathetic 5 buns I made was snapped out in the morning. Since I am all alone at home with Odin on this Saturday afternoon and there is still 肉干 left, I'd decided to made more for my boys and hubby to indulge in.

This batch of buns are make using 陳郁芬65C 湯種麵包 basic sweet bread recipe. Shall wait for hubby to be back to do tasting and see how it is. But from the looks, it seems ok.

No comments: