Sunday, May 16, 2010

Feasting TIME!!!

We had a great feast at a friend's newly open Japanese restaurant - Tenza Izakaya @ Sunset Way last night.


Tenza Izakaya
Sumibiyaki & Sake Bar


106 Clementi St 12, #01-38D
Singapore, 120106



A decent sized restaurant which offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Enjoy fresh air and embrace in the serenity while dining outdoors. With comfortable seats (provided for both adults and the little ones), candle lights flicking and wind blowing gently to enhance atmosphere accompanied by the delicious food and drinks and served by friendly staffs ... what more can you can ask for to end your day!!!

Not to mention, if you choose to dine indoors, you get a full with of what's happening in the kitchen with their open concept kitchen.

Hmm ... ok I think I better stop LOL if not it will sound like I am advertising for my friend :p But then again ... WHY NOT!!! hehehe

Anyway, my dinner on Saturday night were as follows:-



Starter for all diners. Cabbage with their special in house miso. Just dip the cabbage leaves into the sauce and start munching away. First time I ate my cabbage RAW and I never expect I would enjoy eating raw cabbage that much. I can't stop munching ...


Sashimi was served finally and see how pretty it was ... almost can't bear to eat up what's being served but the sashimi looks so delicious, it would be a SIN if I don't eat it ... LOL. Sashimi is so FRESH. The fishes are freshly imported on every Tuesday, Fridays and Saturdays.


Next item, Kani Karaage (deep fried soft shell crab). Fried till perfection and the sauce that came with it really compliment the crabs. I was taken surprised by the sauce as it tasted very different from those served at other places. I usually eat my soft shell crab as it is because I find it actually tasted better without the sauce. But here, I soaked my crabs in the sauce before sinking my teeth into them.


This is Tatami Iwashi (grilled sardine mat). 1st time seeing and trying this. Basically it is a Japanese processed food product made from baby sardines laid out and dried while entwined in a single layer to form a large mat-like sheet. It serve as a snack or accompaniment to sake or beer drinking or you can even eat it just like that.


This dish is Unagi Jyoyo Age (deep fried eel with yam). Yam paste is used to coat the unagi before sending it to be fried. That being said, the distinct taste of the unagi is there when you bite into it.


Asari Sakamushi (sake steamed clam). I guess no need to say much for this. Sweetness from the clams + sake ... OISHII!!!


Not done yet ... more to come. Buta Yawaraka Ni (8 hours braised pork). For fatty meat lovers, this is one that you cannot miss. Feedback from some customers said that the meat should be more fatty but to me, I think this is just right.


Our last dish ... Tai Tuba Maki Ni (snapper rolled with beancurd skin). I've only got one word for this ... OISHII!!!



If you are interested, you can follow their updates on facebook or their blog.

No comments: