Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Recipe - Golden Pumpkins (黄金和果子)


Hmm ... ok ... this recipe had been sitting in my recipe file for the longest time but I've yet to find the time/chance to try it. Finally the chance had arrived ...

I am pretty sure the recipe calls for normal pumpkin (those from Australia) but due to size issue, I've decided to pick up the Japanese ones instead. My only regret is the red bean paste used. I've bought the ones from Phoon Huat, which I already know they are not the very good quality ones. But because this recipe is a try out, I feel that it would be a waste of the good red bean paste if this turn out to be a disaster. Also, I've yet to find a good commercial red bean paste suitable for such use. Anyone out there can recommend?

Anyway, this turn out to be quite easy to make. The only thing required is patience.

No comments: