Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It is a SCAM!!!

** ring ... ring ... ring **

Me: Hello ...

Caller: Erm ... is this XXX?

Me: Erm ... no. I think you got the wrong number.

Caller: Oh, sorry.


The call ended at this point ... but less than a minute later ...


** ring ... ring ... ring **

Me: Hello ...

Caller: Erm ... I think I got the wrong number again.

Me: YA! What number are you trying to dial?

Caller: Erm ... 6XXXXXX (Caller dialed a mobile number but mentioned 6 as the 1st number ... suspicious!!!)


Me: The number you mentioned is confirm not my number.

Caller: Then what is your number?

Me: You are the one calling, why should I tell you my number?


Ended the call immediately and caller did not call back again.

What the ... is there a scam going on or what?

This is the 2nd time this year I got such a call. Where got caller who dailed a wrong number, ask back what's your number when being confronted one. And who in the right frame of mind would give the caller his/her own number in such a situation. I gave him a piece of my mind and cut his line.

DUH!

3 comments:

V said...

Love your last line haha

Irene said...

sigh ... what an idoit loh ... still got the cheek to ask me back what's my number.

you say he no brain or what ... *faint*

V said...

You should have played along with him
Tell him your number is 9-951-2233 haha